I am delighted to welcome you to the Totley All Saints website which should give you a flavour of all the amazing things that our children experience at our school! TASS is extremely special & is well loved by its children, staff & parents! We seek to provide a top quality education, an extremely caring atmosphere & one where children can fully thrive & reach their full & amazing potential as a child of God!
As we always say – it’s all happening at TASS!
See our Newsletters in full on the Newsletters page.
As part of our big focus on producing amazing writing, we would like to invite you to our “Celebrating Writing” event this Thursday, 12th January. During this week, children will have been preparing some of their best ever writing and to celebrate, we will be having a year group writing prize (judged anonymously by a different year group teacher). On Thursday afternoon, year groups will pair up so that all the children can share their fabulous writing with a child from another class. We would therefore like to invite you to come into school and share your child’s writing at 2:55pm to help celebrate the wonderful writing they have been producing. Other family members are also welcome if you would like to bring them. We look forward to seeing you!
It is with great sadness that we can announce that Mrs Townend will be leaving us on the 10th February. Liz is well loved by our children — & indeed by everybody that she comes into contact! She works mainly with the infants providing the highest quality pastoral support as well as teaching whole classes, groups & individual children. She is leaving due to her husband, Revd. Lee Townend, getting a new job a the Archdeacon of Carlisle. Governors are in the process of appointing a new member of staff to the same role & we hope to have someone in place for after half term. We wish Mrs Townend & her husband well as they prepare for this big move & will miss her greatly!
Need Great Quality Childcare at Affordable Prices?
Did you know that Little Saints Nursery has recently extended its hours? Little Saints now opens for Breakfast Club from 7:45am for all school ages and from 3:30-5:30pm after school for Reception/FS2 and Year1? If you’re interested & want to find out more, then please visit the Little Saints Nursery website or contact Karen Midgely (Nursey Manager) on: 0114 235 2148.
Whirlow Hall Farm Trust
Whirlow Hall Farm Trust is very proud to be the Official Charity Partner of the Sheffield Mini & Junior Runs on the 9th April 2017 – part of the Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon. Children between 3 & 8 can run in a 1.5km course, while 9 to 14 year olds can tackle the 2.5km event. Both events are FREE to enter, thanks to the kind support of the Arena Group. Every child who crosses the line will receive a goody bag and finisher’s medal to show the world they did it! For information about the Whirlow Hall Farm Trust or to reserve a charity place in the Half Marathon, please visit their website, contact 0114 2352678 or email: eventsenquiries@ whirlowhallfarm.org.
As we all know, Vitamin D is important for our bone health & is needed to absorb calcium and other nutrients from our diet to keep bones strong and healthy. In these days of dull, dark weather, we’ve been asked by Public Health England to remind parents & carers of its importance. It is recommended that everyone should take a daily supplement containing 10 micrograms of vitamin D particularly during the autumn and winter months & this is particularly important for children. Women and children who qualify for the Healthy Start Scheme can get free supplements containing Vitamin D from Children’s Centres & it can of course be found in most chemists & supermarkets.
- Parent Prayer meeting: every Monday, 9:00-9:20am
- Library open after school until 4:15pm: on Mondays
- Y4 swimming every Monday pm.
- Celebrating Writing Week: 9-13.1.17
- PAIS Assembly: 9.1.17
- Celebration Assembly with Writing Competition Results & Road Safety Competition announcement: 13.11.17
- Full Governors’ Business Meeting: 16.1.17
- Y5 Bun Sale Talk in Assembly: 20.1.17
- Saints Alive Puppet Show Assembly: 26.1.17
- Y5 Bun Sale: 27.1.17
- Cross Country at Norfolk Park: 28.1.17
- Y6 visit to Crucial Crew: 31.1.17
- Y4 Bric-a-brac Talk in assembly: 3.2.17
- Y3 & Y4 Residential ’Night at the Museum’ at Weston Park: 4.2.17
- Y4 Bric-a-brac Sale: 10.2.17
- Safer Internet Week: 13-17.2.17
- TASS Aspire Day: 17.2.17
- School closed for half term: 20.2.17 to 24.2.17
- Return to school: 27.2.17
- Meri Treat: 3.3.17
- Y6 teams at Sheffield University Maths Pop Quiz: 4.3.17
- Saints Alive Puppet Show Assembly:9.3.17
- Science Day:13.3.17
- Sports Day at the EIS:14.3.17
- Y3 Roman Trip: 17.3.17
- Y4 Boys’ Bric-a-brac Sale Talk: 17.3.17
- World Water Day: 22.3.17
- Y4 Boys’ Bric-a-brac Sale: 24.3.17
- Mike Warren Assembly: 30.3.17
- Halle Orchestra Visit: 31.3.17
- Easter Service at All Saints Church: 3.4.17
- Parents’ Evenings: 3.4.17 & 6.4.17 (+ Y5s on 4.4.17 due to residential)
- Y5 Residential at The Oakes: 5.4.17 to 7.4.17
- School Closes for Easter: 7.4.17
- School Opens for Summer term: 24.4.17