I am delighted to welcome you to the Totley All Saints website which should give you a flavour of all the amazing things that our children experience at our school! TASS is extremely special & is well loved by its children, staff & parents! We seek to provide a top quality education, an extremely caring atmosphere & one where children can fully thrive & reach their full & amazing potential as a child of God!
As we always say – it’s all happening at TASS!
See our Newsletters in full on the Newsletters page.
TASS Aspire Day – THIS Friday!
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to take part in our TASS Aspire Day this Friday. We’re really excited by the level of variety that we have & have people from all different realms of work & talent, including (to name just a few): a nurse, a GP, an emergency doctor, a scientist, a dentist, an engineer, an architect, a patent attorney, a musician, a counsellor… We know that the day will be inspirational for our children so please discuss what they’ve learned & have the conversation about what your child/ren want to do in the future. In this way, we hope that they can begin on their fabulous learning journey now to fulfill their dreams & potential for the future!
ESafety Week at TASS
Whilst the official Safer Internet Day took place last Tuesday, our Safer Internet Week begins today! During that week, we will be concentrating on alerting our children to how great the internet can be, but also to its potential hazards! To celebrate, we will be having ESafety lessons led by class teachers plus a special assembly. One of the aspects which we hope to cover, will be the SMART Rules to staying safe online. As parents, you may want to talk over some of the aspects that we have covered at school as well as refer to the rules in greater detail in order to reinforce them on a regular basis whilst at home with your children. Please visit the TASS website page for ideas on how you can keep your children safe online & read our Top Tips for Safe Use of Social Media booklet (sent out today). Parents of Y5 & Y6 children are also invited to the ‘Right Click: Internet Safety Matters’ workshop hosted by BT on Tuesday 21st March at 3:30-4:30pm in the school hall. The workshop will bring together Unicef UK’s Child Rights expertise with BT’s technological know-how to provide the information that parents & children need to navigate the risks and embrace the benefits that technology brings. Letters will go out after half term!
Valentine Breakfast & Lunch!
This Tuesday 14th February, the PTA Fun-d Raisers are putting on a family breakfast from 8:00 to 9:00am in the school hall. On offer will be a selection of cold & hot drinks, cereals, toast, teacakes, Danish pastries & fruit.
Then at lunch time, children can look forward to a special themed lunch with Cupid’s Cheese & Tomato Pizza & Chips with ‘Be My Baby’ Baked Beans & Sweetcorn. This will then be followed by a Dreamy Chocolate Muffin or a selection of fresh fruit & yoghurt. Mmmm!
Sports Day at the EIS
Please return EIS Sports Day slips no later than this FRIDAY with your intentions for travel arrangements & payment. Please note that after half term, there are only 21/2 weeks until the actual event & we need sufficient time to arrange alternative transport for those who can’t be dropped off if absolutely necessary. Thank you!
Totley Library Events Over Half Term
This February half term, Totley Library has a range of activities for children, including a Horrid Henry Readathon on Tuesday 21st February, 1.30-4.30. A dinosaur themed Toddler Craft and Storytime is also open to school aged children with a range of craft activities to suit different ages and abilities on Wednesday 22nd February, 10.30-11.30. Finally, the Totley Library Cinema will be showing Finding Dory on Thursday 23rd February 10.30am.
Lunches This Week
Please remember to discuss your child’s lunch choice & which colour band they will need for the day. The menu this week is: Week 1.
This week’s Unicef Rights of the Child is:
to be protected.
- Parent Prayer meeting: every Monday, 9:00-9:20am
- Library open after school until 4:15pm: on Mondays
- Safer Internet Week: 13-17.2.17
- School Council meeting: 14.2.17
- PTA Fun-d Raiser Breakfast: 14.2.17
- TASS Aspire Day: 17.2.17
- School closed for half term: 20.2.17 to 24.2.17
- Return to school: 27.2.17
- World Book Day: 2.3.17
- Merit Treat: 2.3.17
- Soul Roots Agent Academy started: 27.2.17
- World Book Day: 2.3.17
- RRS Team Meeting: 2.3.17
- Y3 Roman Day: 3.3.17
- Y6 teams at Sheffield University Maths Pop Quiz: 4.3.17
- School Council meeting: 7.3.17
- Eco-team Meeting: 8.3.17
- Y2 Mosque Visit: 9.3.17
- Saints Alive Puppet Show Assembly: 9.3.17
- Science Day:13.3.17
- Sports Day at the EIS:14.3.17
- Y4 Boys’ Bric-a-brac Sale Talk: 17.3.17
- Full Governors Meeting: 20.3.17
- ‘Right Click’ ESafety Y5/6 Parent & Child Workshops, 3:30-4:30pm: 21.3.17
- World Water Day: 22.3.17
- Y3 Boys’ Bric-a-brac Sale: 24.3.17
- PTA Fun-d Raiser Quiz Night: 24.3.17
- School Council meeting: 28.3.17
- Mike Warren Assembly: 30.3.17
- Halle Orchestra Visit: 31.3.17
- Easter Service at All Saints Church: 3.4.17
- Parents’ Evenings: 3.4.17 & 6.4.17 (+ Y5s on 4.4.17 due to residential)
- PTA Fun-d Raiser Easter Egg Hunt: 4.4.17
- Y5 Residential at The Oakes: 5.4.17 to 7.4.17
- School Closes for Easter: 7.4.17
- School Opens for Summer term: 24.4.17